Friday 8 June 2007

Trovatino Café

I feel a little like Jesse (Ethan Hawke’s character) in “Before Sunrise”… Why do we have to part so soon after I’ve found you!?!?! At last, a pasta home away from home in Sydney. After tasting the delights at Melbourne’s Cellar Bar, a place in Sydney that’s comparable in both taste and value.

I was excited, one of my last foodie moments in Sydney. My hosts had been telling me for ages about this place. Not knowing where we were going, perhaps they were telling lies… I got edgy… thoughts crept into my head that they were going to tie me up, strip me naked, beat and prod me and leave me in the middle of a field, disoriented and lonely… I wouldn’t put it past these two devious ladies (jokes :D).

I love suburban cafes like this, but where the hell is Wareemba?! This Saturday arvo felt like a lazy Sunday in this simple, chic modern fitted café which also boasts a small fresh produce store. The food? Well done, the bolognaise home style with el dente spaghetti, the gnocchi – soft parcels of potato with a light tomato based sauce and bacon and the penne taking on the slightly tart flavour of sun-dried tomato. The coffee is alright too (could it be… in Sydney?). They sure like to tempt you with the very enticing every colour of the rainbow gelato and cakes display. I restrain. Next time.

This could be the start of a beautiful relationship (whoops, wrong movie). The experience comes to an end… time to move on… places like this which make me love Sydney a little more.

3 / 5 yums!

------

Where? Trovatino Café , 268 Great North Rd Wareemba

What? Average main $15




Left to Right : Spaghetti Bolognaise, Gnocchi, Penne with sun-dried tomatoes and chicken

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails